From the National Weather Service:
- A Red Flag Warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring, or will shortly. Any fires that start may spread rapidly and
become difficult to extinguish.
- AFFECTED AREA: All of Massachusetts and Rhode Island
- TIMING: Through 9 PM this evening.
- WINDS: North winds gusting 25 to 30 mph across interior
locations, with 30 to 40 mph closer to the coast. Gusts 45 to 55
mph across the Cape and Island.
- RELATIVE HUMIDITY: Minimum values will range from 20 to 35
percent, with the lowest value across the interior.
- TEMPERATURES: Generally in 60s
- IMPACTS: Dry weather and gusty winds will result in critical
fire weather conditions.